Welcome to the California Statewide Inmate Family Council website! This site is used to share information with local IFC’s across the state, as well as families and friends of Incarcerated Loved Ones throughout the state.
On 3/2/2017, SIFC met with CDCR in a VPASS workgroup for the first time. The purpose of the VPASS Workgroup is to work cooperatively with CDCR and family councils to improve VPASS and visitor processing procedures throughout the state at all institutions. Click HERE to read the meeting notes.
The attached memo is from CDCR containing information on Low Dose Full Body Scanners that are in use in some prisons across the state. CDCR is rolling them out to all institutions. Click here to read the FAQ.
There are new Family Visiting (overnight visiting) eligibility guidelines from CDCR. You can view the memo from CDCR here.
Please find the final minutes from the Statewide IFC meeting held in Sacramento on 7/28/2016. Statewide Inmate Family Council Meeting 1-19-17
On January 10th, the Governor released his budget proposal for the next fiscal year (2017-2018). As a part of that budget proposal, there is a Public Safety Summary which outlines the changes CDCR is making. Prop 57 was passed by the voters in November and the Summary outlines how CDCR is proposing to implement Prop 57. PublicSafetyBudgetSummary2017
At a high level, the changes are as follows:
- Parole Eligibility for Non-violent Offenders
- Increase in Credit Earning Opportunities for Inmates
- Increase and standardize Good Time Credits (percentage reduction)
- Increase Milestone Credits from 6 to 12 weeks per year. Allow Milestones for all Inmates except LWOP and Condemned
- New, Enhanced Milestone Credits for significant accomplishments such as GED, Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, Offender Mentor Certification, and Career Technical Education certification
- New Achievement Credits up to 4 weeks for sustained participation in other rehabilitative programs and activities
- Credits earned by Life term inmates will apply towards Minimum Eligible Parole Date (MEPD)
- New Long-term Offender Program at RJ Donovan
- Expand Pre-employment Transitions Program
- Expand Offender Mentor Certification Program
- Expand Programs and College Courses in the evening
- Add More Transitional Housing for Long-term and Life Inmates
- New California Leadership Academy for Youth Offenders