Welcome to the California Statewide Inmate Family Council website! This site is used to share information with local IFC’s across the state, as well as families and friends of Incarcerated Loved Ones throughout the state.
There are new Family Visiting (overnight visiting) eligibility guidelines from CDCR. You can view the memo from CDCR here.
Please find the final minutes from the Statewide IFC meeting held in Sacramento on 7/28/2016. Statewide Inmate Family Council Meeting 1-19-17
On January 10th, the Governor released his budget proposal for the next fiscal year (2017-2018). As a part of that budget proposal, there is a Public Safety Summary which outlines the changes CDCR is making. Prop 57 was passed by the voters in November and the Summary outlines how CDCR is proposing to implement Prop 57. PublicSafetyBudgetSummary2017
At a high level, the changes are as follows:
- Parole Eligibility for Non-violent Offenders
- Increase in Credit Earning Opportunities for Inmates
- Increase and standardize Good Time Credits (percentage reduction)
- Increase Milestone Credits from 6 to 12 weeks per year. Allow Milestones for all Inmates except LWOP and Condemned
- New, Enhanced Milestone Credits for significant accomplishments such as GED, Associate’s degree, Bachelor’s degree, Offender Mentor Certification, and Career Technical Education certification
- New Achievement Credits up to 4 weeks for sustained participation in other rehabilitative programs and activities
- Credits earned by Life term inmates will apply towards Minimum Eligible Parole Date (MEPD)
- New Long-term Offender Program at RJ Donovan
- Expand Pre-employment Transitions Program
- Expand Offender Mentor Certification Program
- Expand Programs and College Courses in the evening
- Add More Transitional Housing for Long-term and Life Inmates
- New California Leadership Academy for Youth Offenders
The attached announcement from CDCR outlines changes to the procedures for sending money to an inmate trust account. This regulation went into effect on January 1, 2017. California Code of Regulations Revision Section 3140.
When: October 21-22, 2016
Where: Vacaville, CA
Come listen, participate and learn!
An Effective and Powerful Local IFC’s is what you want!
Learn how to empower your Local IFC to make things happen.
Are you new and want to learn how to make things happen?
Are you a veteran and want to know what more you can do?
We have something for everyone.
PLUS- listen to top headquarters officials talk about new practices and answer your questions.
We look forward to seeing you!